INTERNATIONAL STUDENT COORDINATOR
Woodford House is seeking an International Student Coordinator to assist the Director of International Students in providing student support to their enrolled international students.
- Ten hours per week during term time with possible additional casual
Assistance with Key Responsibilities
- Provide information, personal support, liaison and advocacy for international students in order to assist them in achieving academic success. The services provided cover a wide spectrum, commencing with pre-departure information, arrival, orientation, support during their enrolment and
- Provide advice and support to staff, follow up non-attending and non-achieving students, monitoring and support of high risk
- Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students (The Code)
Assistance with Principal Accountabilities
- Support international students experiencing cross-cultural, family, personal or economic crisis, which may impact academic performance. Assist students to access appropriate community services and resources. Be contactable 24/7 for student
- Offer personal and academic guidance in relation to Woodford House regulations and procedures.
- Work with international students on academic goals and expectations to develop an improvement plan; monitor progress and identify specific areas for tutoring
- Work collaboratively with teaching and boarding staff to support the development of strategies to enhance student
- Oversee Homestay programme; recruit, guide and counsel host families as
- Participate in professional development and maintain a relationship with professional organisations to keep abreast of changes in the Code of
- Monitor and track student insurance and immigration status, assist with renewals from within New Zealand and maintain appropriate student management (KAMAR)
- Perform other related duties as required
Please forward your covering letter, CV and completed application forms to: The Principal, Woodford House, Private Bag 1001, Havelock North 4157 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4.30pm, Thursday 13 April, 2017.
The position description and application form can be downloaded below or email email@example.com:
ERO Report 2014