Woodford house

e d

News

Keep away Coughs, Colds and Flu

By | May 21, 2015

Flu vaccinations have been completed for the season with 151 being vaccinated this year – more than ever before, which is great!

This year Doctor Karen helped with the clinics and running them after school worked really well but was quite a job juggling everyone’s times with sports commitments. Now we are protected and ready to face the flu season!

If your daughter is unwell please keep her home from school until she has been well for 24 hours. This will minimise the spread of infection. Please email me ruby.wadeson@woodford.school.nz  if your daughter needs any extra care after being unwell and returning to school.

Sporting Injuries

Now that winter sport is underway I am seeing quite a few sporting injuries. As I am ACC registered and can register accidental injuries with ACC please let me know if your daughter needs a consultation or treatment. I will endeavour to let parents know of claim numbers when I register the claim and you will also receive a confirmation letter from ACC in the mail.

Dr Karen

Doctor Karen works on Monday and Thursday mornings and appointments can be made for girls to see her. She is a great educator, spending time with individual students to make sure they understand everything she tells them and that they are fully informed.

Hand Washing

With the colder weather coming it is timely to remind you of the importance of hand washing to minimise the spread of infections like colds, coughs and flu. It is also important not to downplay the importance of keeping warm. Evidence shows that being cold a lot does contribute to illness susceptibility, so it’s time to pull out the merino thermals!

It is great to have Woodbook up and running, with students able to use the private messaging system to communicate with Beth Averill, our school physio or myself, which is very time efficient. Parents can also message us this way.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any queries or concerns you may have regarding your daughter.

Ruby Wadeson, School Nurse