Woodford house

e d

News

New Faces Term 1 2015

By | February 14, 2015

Toni Dunstan

Ms Toni Dunstan, Acting Director of Staff

Woodford has welcomed a number of new staff into our fold this term.

On the teaching front we have Charissa Barham as HoD Physical Education, Sue Pomarede as HoD Languages, Judy Pattison as English Language support and Shelley Morris is relieving in the Art and Physical Education departments. In the Administration Office we have Sheree Macrae our Administration and Student Support Manager and Suzanna Elliott our Administrative Assistant.

Sally Hawkins has joined the boarding team as Nelson Supervisor on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and we look forward to the arrival from Germany of Stefanie Fischer, who has been appointed as the new Weekend Boarding Manager.

The staff have had a busy few weeks familiarising themselves with the people and systems here at Woodford. They share a little about themselves below, so read on to learn more.

I am really enjoying the school community and it’s wonderful seeing lots of happy and familiar faces.

Charissa Barham 1

Mrs Charissa Barham

Kia ora, I am looking forward to my time at Woodford and after spending time in the fitness, health, research, motherhood and high performance sport realms, I am excited about bringing all of my learning back into education.

I have spent time teaching in the Manawatu, Horowhenua, Tararua and Hawke’s Bay areas and have been back in the Bay for the last 13 years where we have set up a business as well as having our family.

The Bay is home to me and a great place to come back to, especially with a young family.

Judy Pattison

Mrs Judy Pattison

I’ve come back to Woodford (I’m an Old Girl) to teach English Language to international students.

I taught at the EIT in Taradale for about 14 years and I’ve also tutored English for Academic Purposes in pre-sessional courses at the University of Southampton in the UK.

I love travelling, cycling, reading, gardening, cooking and I’m also quite keen on grammar!

Shelley Morris

Mrs Shelley Morris

I will be teaching Visual Arts, Physical Education and Health this term. I have a Bachelor of Design majoring in Photographic Design from Massey University and have worked in the industry for two years.

I am in my eighth year of teaching with a focus on Photography and Design at senior level; however, I am experienced across all art subjects and year groups.

In addition to art I teach Health and Physical Education, and have personal sporting successes in swimming and surf lifesaving at national level.

Sheree Macrae

Mrs Sheree Macrae

It is with great pleasure that I have joined the staff. I have received a very warm welcome which makes settling into a new life and job so much easier.

I have come from Golden Sands School in Papamoa, trading jandals and togs for art deco and wine – not a bad trade! I am joined by my husband Ryan, who works as a leading builder for Ian Welch Builders in Havelock North. We have two daughters, Zara-Jane (13), Anneke (11) and our son Jamie (3).

I worked for ten years in the Police, then left to find a better family life balance by working in finance, marketing and all facets of administration. I don’t like the heat too much; I have curly hair and heat means ‘fuzz’! So I am thoroughly enjoying the cooler temperatures that we have been experiencing! I love weddings, being behind the lens of a camera, preserving those golden moments in life and in family and baking!

I look forward to embracing 2015 with a positive and enthusiastic outlook.

Suzanna Elliott

Mrs Suzanna Elliott

At the beginning of this term I started working part-time as Administrative Assistant, and have also taken over from Angie Ward the role of Executive Administrator for the WHOGA.

Up until Easter of last year I had been working in the wine industry in Hawke’s Bay in administration, sales and marketing roles. Prior to joining the wine industry, I have been raising my three children (Archie, Sam and Zoe) with my husband Duncan.

These are fun and rewarding times and the years are certainly flying by with lots of extra-curricular family activities, including running on Te Mata Peak, trips out to one of the many Hawke’s Bay lovely beaches, family holidays to the Nelson Lakes (Lake Rotoiti), skiing and the many hours on the side line (or on the netball court) of a variety of summer and winter sports.